Friday, December 21, 2018

[PANN] WHAT WAS THE EXTENT OF EXO'S POPULARITY DURING 'GROWL' ERA?

To the point where it's not wrong to consider every teen at that time an EXO fan?
  • [PANN] What was the extent of EXO's popularity during 'Growl' era?
Overall: +810;-195

[+465;-34] I was a middle school student at that time, they were really popular. Even in 2014, when we were assigned to our new classes, we didn't ask 'which idols do you like?', we asked 'who in EXO do you like?'
> When 'Growl' came out in 2013, I was in high school. Practically most of the class liked EXO. Knowing each member's names was the norm, and it was break time we watched EXO videos. That was how daebak their popularity was

[+434;-15] There are many kids saying they're not popular nowㅋYou can act indifferent and say that. I was a middle school student at that time, their influence was seriously no joke,, There were so many things that got revived because of EXO
> Weren't snapbacks popular because EXO wore them a lot? When I look at photos from that time, whether it was me or my friends, we were all wearing snapbacksㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+391;-15] Not every teen but 3 quarters? Basically the majority liked them

[+234;-3] If they make a 'Reply-2010s', I think the female lead would be an EXO fan
> EXO were the ones who created the fandom culture of today. The idols that are doing well right now are also part of the culture that EXO created. Of course I'm not able to decide who's doing well and who isn't, but it's the truth that EXO were the group that opened the door

[+224;-1] Wow some of you really don't know ㅋㅋ The reason Pann made a  'fan-talk' section was because EXO fans dominated Pannㅋㅋ On 'talker's choice' (t/n: top posts on Pann) 8 out of 10 posts were EXO posts

[+211;-3] When I listen to EXO's songs from 2013, I somehow get an inexplicable heart-fluttering feeling

[+207;-1] Million sellers ended at god and there wasn't any for a long time, but EXO suddenly grabbed the failing album market by the neck and gave it emergency resuscitation

[+173;-0] At lunch time, if you play EXO's MV, even students from other classes would come to watch. If you played their songs, students would shout the chants and they'd do the fanchants together. Also.... when the dating scandal broke out, people weeped and it was chaos. There were even kids who went home earlyㅋㅋㅋㅋ When you play 'Overdose' everyone would clap together in unison

[+160;-3] Xiumin ate mocha bread on a reality show, he only appeared for a short moment, but at that time mocha bread sold out nationwide

[+151;-1] The demographics on here are really young so even if we explain it to them, they themselves refuse to believe it

[+144;-8] If we ask people born between '97~'01 which idols were the most popular during their school days, I think 80% would say EXO
> '99, '00, '01 are clearly EXO's generation ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+131;-3] High schoolers now are able to do EXO's Growl fanchants? Even fans of other groups ㅇㅇ At that time I was a fan of someone else, but even now, even though I've never directly listened to a single EXO song like Growl, Call Me Baby, Overdose, but for real I know all the fanchants

[+112;-0] At that time kids mostly talked about EXO. They talked about their CFs, they talked about Showtime, they fangirled at school, they fangirled at home, it was just EXO EXO EXO talk ㅇㅇ

[+100;-7] At that time it wasn't 'which idol do you like?' but 'who in EXO do you like?'

[+85;-0] I was a fan of someone else at that time. But after Oh Sehun had bubble tea, all the kids started to buy bubble tea
> + D.O.'s nachos
> I only first knew about bubble because of Sehun. I'm not even from the countryside ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Bubble tea was known among the public but Sehun had the biggest effect I think
> Heol I really relate to the Oh Sehun and bubble tea thing. I didn't even know what bubble tea was, but because of Oh Sehun I tried it for the first time ㅋㅋㅋ

[+84;-0] There's this.... Nature Republic lip balm.. the one with their faces at the bottom... everyone bought one each didn't they ..
사용자첨부이미지

[+80;-0] Even the experts say that Korea's last mega hit song was Growl. Well it's possible that there'll be another one in the future but up till now, there hasn't been a hit song that can compare to Growl

[+78;-0] My friend was an EXO fan, I had to take an exam about the EXO members' names and each of the member's superpowers ㅋㅌㅋㅋㅋ If I got it wrong, I would get hit based on the number of mistakes. It was to the extent where it was as if a country called EXO had formed around me

[+68;-1] Didn't everyone go to the cinema and ordered nachos with cheese sauce at least once
> ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ CGV made a Kyungsoo Set ㅋㅋ (t/n: CGV is a korean cinema)

[+59;-1] Ah also 'These flowers are fake. I like you' Byun Baekhyun was the very first one to say this (t/n: world play. johwa = fake flowers, joah = like)

[+57;-2] Is there anyone who knows about the Growl 3 minute 1 second guy
사용자첨부이미지

[+55;-1] A picture of their fansign. It wasn't just a fansign, it was a cosmetics brand fansign
사용자첨부이미지

[+50;-1] They started the third generation, I somehow get this feeling from EXO

[+50;-1] The extent where after Growl, even though three members left they're still the top... The extent where one whole page of 'talker's choice' section was all EXO posts ㅇㅇ

[+47;-3] I really hated idols at that time and I hated EXO the most. The reason being no matter where I went, people sang Growl and talked about EXO. I don't even f*cking know EXO's faces but I know the whole Growl song.. And I also knew all the members' names, because kids went around mentioning their names so much. They were so popular that when the member leaving scandal happened the following year, I thought my school collapsed

[+41;-1] When Xiumin ate mocha bread, it rose up on search rankings and all mocha bread sold out nationwide the next day, when someone spotted D.O. in Yongsan, 'Kyungsoo Yongsan' was on search rankings, not even 'D.O.' but 'Kyungsoo', when D.O.'s fansite Avell D.O. got into trouble, it was on search rankings ㅋㅋ If it was the members' birthdays, their name would be on search rankings all day
사용자첨부이미지
real time issue search keywords: 1. Avell D.O.

[+40;-0] Seriously if you want to make friends, just talk about EXO
> I agree. My friends pretty much all got close because of EXOㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+37;-0] If I were to use a metaphor, while a bunch of people were at war fighting hand-to-hand, EXO demolished all of them with a tank

[+33;-3] Right now it's EBW (EXO/BTS/Wannaone), but 2013~2015 was just EEE

[+33;-3] The idol reality show culture of today was opened by EXO (they didn't start it). After EXO's Showtime many idols came out with realities
사용자첨부이미지
> Seems like you guys don't know anything. OP's comment is true. Before EXO's Showtime, idol realities were about doing missions, or simply variety shows centred around their concept. A reality show with the group's name attached that showed their lives, EXO being the first to do so is true

[+31;-2] At that time EXO fans had no name. Their fandom name was Squid.. because EXO was too handsome so when you look in the mirror, you become a squid ㅇㅇThat time, the fans were really worried because the song was titled Growl, I bet they didn't know that the whole country was going to be singing along to the song
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Search This Blog