Tuesday, July 27, 2021

[THEQOO] D.O.'S SPANISH PRONUNCIATION

It's to the extent that I'm doubting whether he is really Korean just like me 

He released an English version of the title track too

He is a native Korean though, i'm jealous...

  • [THEQOO] D.O.'s Spanish pronunciation shocked me

- He is a natural at English and Spanish

- When he performed at Music Bank Mexico, he was so good that everyone fell for him

- What is it that he can't do

- I f*king love Sabor a Mi

- I am a South American fan and i was really surprised how well he did

- It was so easy to listen to, his pronunciation and expression are really good. His Chinese pronunciation was good too

- People who have never lived overseas but have good foreign language pronunciation must have good ears and tongue. They listen and can replicate what they hear exactly. Some of the good singers I have seen are like that

- Please listen to his 'sonreir' carefully. I asked fans about it and they wonder whether it's true that he has never learned Spanish. It's already known that he has good English pronunciation but for languages with difficult pronunciations like Spanish, you need to study it for a long time and it's hard to sound natural in a short period of time. It's fascinating how he has never learned the language before

- I don't know what it means in Spanish but it's daebak. D.O. really has many talents

- I am a fan who has learned Spanish for 15 years. Though he does not have a natural flow, but he is already doing really really well for someone who has never learned the language! Especially taking into consideration that Spanish is a really difficult language for Koreans to pronounce

- I am a South American fan too and i think he sounded really natural for someone who has never learned Spanish before. His Spanish has an English style, but it's cool

- I don't know Spanish so I don't know whether he did well, but i really love his 'r' pronunciations

- Even though i major in Spanish.. I have not really put in effort or study much.. But my 'r' pronunciation is not even as good as his. There are people who can do it, and there are people who just can't

- His voice is already a fraud, but now even his pronunciation is good too?

- I have lived in the US for awhile and from what i can tell D.O. has amazing pronunciation, putting aside his accent. He is good in rolling his tongue. Also English that is used while singing and while speaking is slightly different. When he sings in English, he does not pronounce it squarely like he's speaking, but he sings it like pop singers. There are a lot of people with good pronunciation when singing pop songs, but D.O.'s pronunciation has the pop singer accent so it brings out the flavor. That's why i think he has the ability to replicate what he hears very well

- I really love Sabor a Mi and i have been listening to it periodically. I never imagined he would include a Spanish song in his album ㅜㅜ Daebak i love this

- I have heard him sing English songs before, but the Spanish one is crazy

- His 'r' pronunciation is so good.. Is it possible for him to sing a French song in the future...?

- His voice is truly a treasure

- I asked an American whose Spanish is almost equivalent to a native, and they were shocked that he has never learned the language before

- Rose english version is heavenly

- It reminds me of Coco

- I'm so jealous of his talent. It sounds weird no matter how i pronounce it

- It'll be great if he could do a cover of Luis Miguel's songs

- D.O. that even foreigners acknowledge

- His voice is really good and it's nice how it feels different when he's singing in Korean or in foreign language

- His pronunciation is good (in every language), he is just born with it

- I'm a fan from Spain and he feels like an American who has good Spanish pronunciation ㅋㅋㅋㅋ But he did really well. He pronounce it so naturally that i thought he actually speaks the language

- I can understand why D.O. want to release the Spanish version. It does have the feel when we listen to it in Korean, but when you listen to the Spanish version, it's heaven

- His pronunciation is great but his low notes are driving me crazy

- It gets crazier at the later part of the song

- I watch a lot of Spanish dramas and his pronunciation is really good ㅋㅋㅋ

- I think it's true that there is a linguistic universe. I don't know Spanish at all but i can feel that he did well

- I don't know Spanish but i know he rolled his tongues well ㅋㅋㅋ

- I am an Europe fan and i was really surprised at how well he did. He is one of the best non-Spanish singers I have ever heard. I asked my half Spanish half Italian friend to listen to it and they said he is not at the level of a native, but he sounds like a 'gyopyo' who has been living overseas since young and when he reached his teens he went to live in the country to learn the language

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Search This Blog